Custodian - New Delhi - Embassy Consulate India
Embassy Consulate India as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Custodian jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Embassy Consulate India company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
AMERICAN EMBASSY, NEW DELHI, INDIA
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 17-037
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates POSITION: Custodian, FSN-1305-01, DLA-526109 (Personal Services Agreement) OPENING DATE: May 19, 2017 CLOSING DATE: June 02, 2017 WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week SALARY: Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) - Grade: FP-DD Ordinarily Resident (OR) - Grade: FSN-01* *Starting salary will be determined on the basis of qualifications and
experience, and/or salary history.
ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT (NOR) APPLICANTS (See Definitions) MUST ATTACH THE REQUIRED WORK PERMIT-VISA, RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. (Applications that do not provide the required documentation will not be considered) The U.S. Embassy in New Delhi is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Custodian in the Facilities Management Services (FMS). Applicants must apply on the Universal Application for Employment (UAE) DS-174 form. Applications not completed on DS-174 form will not be accepted. (Refer to application procedure below).
To save paper and ink, HR has taken an initiative and we need your cooperation to make it a
success. We request you to submit an electronic application. Applications submitted in hard
copy or via fax will also be considered however, submitting an electronic application is
The electronic version of application could be Word File or a PDF version (hand filled
scanned copy) from your email address to [email protected] .
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding. BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent will be responsible for performing routine cleaning and janitorial work in the American Embassy premises. Provide a safe, clean and habitable environment as per the Embassy standards. Sweep, scrub, wax and polish concrete PVC tiles and wood floors, vacuum rugs and carpets in several offices and facilities within the Mission. Clean walls, windows, doors, drinking fountains, waste containers, wood works and other equipment. Wash, Scrub and disinfect rest rooms and shower rooms, refurbish rest room supplies. Return all surplus cleaning supplies to the foreman after completing the assigned work. Move garbage, trash and debris to the designated dumping areas. Report fused lamps, defective non-functional toilet fittings, fixtures, dripping taps, and other malfunctions noticed while working. Clean and maintain all tools and equipment used in the course of the work. Perform all other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Completion of Primary school (Class V) is required. (Indicate completion / non completion by checking Yes /No under the education requirement item no. 18 Did you graduate on the form DS-174 (This question is to know if you have completed class-X, XII or any other degree/vocational courses, also specify the name of course and subjects for each qualification you possess.)
2. One year of experience working as a custodian, cleaner or sweeper is required. (Elaborate job responsibilities under item no. 20 (a/b/c/d) on the form DS-174. You may also attach additional sheets in case you would like to provide any further information/details.)
3. Level-I (Basic Knowledge) in English and in Hindi (Speaking/Reading/Writing) is required. (When applying for the position, please indicate your level of proficiency for these languages in item no. 19 on the form DS-174.)
Following are the mandatory requirements/pre-requisites for employment with U.S. Embassy, New Delhi. Each applicant is required to provide these documents and applications for each position you are interested in. Applications which do not provide the following supporting documents will not be accepted:
1. Eligibility to work in India (Applicable to all nationals including host country nationals):
Please attach a copy (please do not attach original documents) of any one of the document
that confirms your legal eligibility to work in India (for example: Work Permit, Residency Permit, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) copy of passport, PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Adhaar Card, Valid Driving License, etc.).
2. Educational Documents: Please attach copies of school certificates/Degree/Diploma courses or any other required course certificates as listed on the vacancy announcement.
3. Trainings / Certificates / Computer or any other academic course: Any Skilled or Semi-
Skilled trainings/courses undertaken and completed as required on the vacancy announcement.
4. Other documents: Please attach any other document (e.g. licenses/Certification) if
requested above under qualifications required section. For Further Information: A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. To request the position description, kindly send an email to [email protected] HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference. HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran* (2) AEFM / USEFM (3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP. ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA: 1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy:
nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR
employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal
Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a local security certification and medical