Asst Officer Fraud Risk Mgmt - Bangalore - Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Asst Officer Fraud Risk Mgmt jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Standard Chartered Bank company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Department: Retail- Cr RiskInitiation& App
PURPOSE: (Explain succinctly the reason for existence of the role)
Manage Retail Clients Fraud Risk activities and processes for Investigations effectively and efficiently aligned to business strategy for the country.
Work with Line Function , Fraud Risk Management and other stakeholders in the country for smooth functioning of Fraud risk management processes and activities.
Manage fraud risk, assisting businesses with implementing the ‘best in class’ tools & processes to minimize fraud losses while maintaining and adhering to customer charter goals and objectives.
Manage the outsourced Vendor to achieve quality performance and to meet agreed service standards.
To ensure effective fraud risk management within the assigned business unit with an emphasis on the comprehensive identification and effective mitigation of significant fraud risk exposures.
To align fraud risk practices with prevailing Group or business standards.
To maintain the balance of risk and control, enabling business growth within accepted operational risk tolerances
Key Roles and Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Summarise all responsibilities and accountabilities. Clarify if the job holder leads or supports others; provide a breakdown by functional area if relevant; as a minimum, the following areas should be covered)
• Support and provide inputs to Line function, Fraud Risk Management for driving the operational model and implementing the strategic direction for the country.
• Work with Line Function, Fraud Risk Management to implement the Fraud Risk strategy and infrastructure for the country for channels and products within Retail Clients segment.
• Develop and sustain a system for Fraud identification, monitoring, investigating in order to minimise fraud losses and ensure timely recovery of fraud related claims.
• Develop and implement processes for improving the quality of sourcing in the region. Conduct sampling of applications, investigation into suspect fraud applications.
• Develop and manage a full fledged Management information system to identify fraud trends
• Provide co-ordination and support of key processes across the country and ensure timely submission and collation of reports across regions,
• Provide System and information support to all regions
• Manage fraud risk, assisting businesses with implementing the ‘best in class’ tools & processes to minimize fraud losses while maintaining and adhering to customer charter goals and objectives.
• Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Customers segment.
• Develop a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk awareness culture within the organisation
• Deploy the strategies across products and channels
• Ensure the cost budget in Fraud risk management is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline.
• Identify industry best fraud risk infrastructure and management practices are tabled and are considered for adoption within the country
• Ensure the fraud risk management team achieves expense and loss budget targets
• Lead and drive standardisation, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives for the country for Fraud Risk Management.
• Develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure in the country that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations and are responsive to fraud attacks.
• Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
• Implement the Operational Risk Framework and monitor the operational risk metrics to identify potential control weaknesses.
• Identify and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support strategy testing environment and daily operations.
• Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of fraud risk management processes.
• Ensure effective recovery tracking process in place
• Follow rigorous expense management discipline and enhance capacity planning, forecasting and cost reporting processes
• Strengthen the transaction processing activities of the region by recommending process/policy changes where applicable and through regular training of front-end staff and vendors.
• Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risk.
• Ensure adherence to the Group’s approach to the management of fraud risks, providing training/leadership where necessary to close gaps in understanding or adherence.
People and Talent
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Encourage and promote an active training and learning environment to facilitate excellence in risk management, risk awareness, behaviours and accountability.
• Identify and share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation.
• Develop a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud.
• Ensure all FRM policies and procedures in the country comply with Group Policies and Standards. Ensure proper and updated documentation in place for in-country policies and procedures.
• Ensure various fraud risks are being actively prevented and detected in a timely manner on an end-to-end basis
• Proactive in seeking regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standards
• Ensure that effective management response plans are in place to respond to extreme but plausible fraud scenarios in the country.
• Recommend changes to the process control environment or to business practices, where necessary, to reduce the level of fraud risk exposure to within the agreed appetite.
• Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group, while remaining within risk appetite.
• Provide oversight across fraud risk management team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in the country fraud risk management team to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees forms part of the culture
• Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues / gaps arising from Internal Audits, peer reviews and regulatory reviews for the areas of work.
• Ensure compliance to Visa/ master card rules and regulations
• Internal stakeholders
o RCOs, Country Retail Risk Head
o Regional / Country Business Heads and Product Head, Retail Client segment
o FGCs/ In country governance forums (or other forums, as may be applicable)
o Financial Crime Risk
o Country Collections Head and Policy team
o Relevant members of Risk Operations management team
o Internal IT partners supporting Retail Clients business
o HR & L &TD team
o Operations, L&C and Customer Experience Management unit
• External stakeholders
o Auditors and Regulators
o Associations (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and other Regional / Local forums), Credit Bureaus and peer Banks
o Law Enforcement agencies
o Suppliers, vendors and consultants
Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (List typical pre-requisites for high performance)
Market Knowledge: – Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which Standard Chartered Bank operates.
Business Strategy and Model: – Awareness and understanding of Standard Chartered's Retail Clients business and that of peers in the industry
Risk Management and Control: – The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to Standard Chartered Bank
Governance, Oversight and Controls: – Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Fraud Risk Management through both directly-managed and virtual team
Regulatory Framework and Requirements: – Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
Non-technical skills: - Strong written / oral communication and influencing skills. Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 02/06/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.