Wells Systems Integration Lead Itso - - Shell
Shell as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Wells Systems Integration Lead Itso jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Shell company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
The purpose of the Wells IT Systems Integration Lead is to operate as a Senior Business Analyst and Subject Matter Expert to maintain an E2E systems view of the technical IT landscapes used to deliver IT services to the Wells business. This role also drives improvements to design/build/maintain expertise in the underlying Wells data models, the data sources and data interfaces between applications supporting business workflows used to support Drilling Efficiency Optimization and Drilling Automation. The 2 key services in scope are the Shell WellVantage™ service and the Well Engineering Application “Engineers Data Model” (EDM) although there are a number of smaller Wells Applications also in scope.
WellVantage is a technical differentiator for Shell which enables automated drilling for oil and gas and “real-time” drilling data sharing with Shell business users and 3rd parties anywhere in the world.
EDM is a Landmark™ Application suite which is used by the Wells Business to manage their oil and gas drillling information and business workflows.
- Responsible for technical roadmaps, providing technical consultancy, subject matter expertise and advice to global teams including playing a leading role during serious service impacting incidents
- Ensure the evergreening of the Wells IT Landscapes in line with Shell’s Target Operating environment
- Review Solution Architecture documents and provide input and recommendations. Ensure the Technical Solutions are aligned with the efforts being managed by the Solutions Architect and maintaining alignment with (and/or seeking advice from) Global Enterprise Architecture, Technical IT and the Upstream Business Architect
- Support new service developments and enhancements ensuring appropriate support to OLM’s to allow signoff.
- Play a leading role to align development projects with the corporate data strategy and support the vision to replace application specific Wells data models with the Shell developed Enterprise Data Model
- Responsible for the identification and definition of the Upstream Wells business needs to help determine IT solution(s) to meet these needs or resolve their business problem(s)
- Ensuring all Data Modeling/Data Management efforts, for Wells, are aligned with the efforts being managed by the Group Architecture Data Architect/Modeler.
- Leverage and collaborate with Regional and Global Project staff working on Software Development and Support efforts (WellVantage, EDM, Well Workbench, Analytics, Kernels etc) associated with the Wells IT Portfolio
- Systems Integration with Vendors, new Data Feeds, Next Generation of WellVantage
- Provide requirements and guidance to Infrastructure Services Providers including HP, T Systems, Field Telecoms, AT&T Network Services, Satellite providers and the various ISPs supporting Remote Drilling Operations.
- Infrastructure Project Support
This role is part of the Technical Landscape Services organisation (TLS) in IT in Shell. The purpose of TLS is to operate the Technical and Competitive IT (TaCIT) Landscapes by delivering differentiating IT capabilities (products & services), thus supporting technology development, application and deployment as a major competitive advantage for Shell. The "Landscape" element emphasises that infrastructure, applications and data management practices need to come together in an integrated fashion to effectively support Business workflows in e.g. Exploration, Field Development, Production, Engineering or Manufacturing. These differentiating IT services are created by bringing together:
- Staff with thorough Business workflow knowledge
- Specialised and unique own-operated IT technologies
- Market sourced IT solutions (where available).
- Team size: No direct reports
- Authority over IT Technical Landscapes of $4M+ Annual Cost
- Significant influence over investment and evergreening spend
- 30-50 drilling rigs supported globally
- 6 real time drilling centres supported
- EDM has approx. 2500 users globally
- The Data Integration Lead will be expected to be capable of serving as a Senior Business Analyst/Data Analyst on Projects ranging in size from $50K to several $Million
- Project Complexity will vary between low to high creating solutions that meet the needs of Global Wells staff and contractors
- During 2017 the EDM infrastructure is moving towards cloud based hosting. In addition, a new WellVantage solution is being rolled out globally. Both are significant technical challenges and the Systems Integration Lead will play a key in helping drive a successful outcome.
- This is a Global “Individual Contributor” Role and includes the entirety of the WellVantage Landscape and data flows. Starting at the Drilling Rig, traversing the wide area network via Remote Communications (VSAT/ISP), hosted on Servers in global data centres and delivered to the business in their drilling Operations centres, their standard desktops and sharing data with Shell’s 3rd party vendors. It also includes the EDM Technical IT landscape with 2500 users located globally and with infrastructure is 3 global datacenters as well as several in country local instances.
Qualifications and Skills
- Educated to a degree level, likely in an information technology or business specialty
- Extensive experience (13-15+ Years) in a technical IT role in a global setting
- Deep technical knowledge and experience in Global IT Systems
- Significant experience in IT Infrastructure, Architecture, Data Modeling, Application Development and Application Integration
- Has in-depth knowledge of the Wells Business, Wells Applications and data models/flows/formats (EDM, OpenWorks, WITS, WITSML, OPC-UA)
- An aptitude for managing data flows from a variety of Technologies, with an open and external mind set
- Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior in dealings with business and IT colleagues and can communicate effectively to business users and stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
- Is familiar with a range of analysis, modeling, and design methods; has broad current knowledge of IT standards, applications, and trends. Is able to obtain information from business people in face-to-face situations, and to analyse information on users occupational tasks obtained by a variety of formal and informal means
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving and takes a systematic approach to problem solving, paying close attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
- Ability to operate in a virtual cross cultural organization
- Strongly preferred: Oil and Gas experience
- Experience in managing delivery of Wells Real Time Drilling IT Operations
- Cloud based computing application migration experience
- Practiced in Agile and Devops methodology
- IT Architecture certification