Tester - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Tester jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and
Please visit our website
Data And Integration Services (DAIS):
Data and Integration Service (DAIS) is a team within Corporate Banking Technology responsible for providing services in the following areas
- BEM Real Time/Broker
- DWH (Data Warehouse and Reporting)
- MI Reporting
- CDI ETL: Customer Data Integration
Overall purpose of role:
This role spans across working on multiple projects or modules and coordinating with teams to understand requirements, test planning & test execution across ETL , CDI & DWH components.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
- Key specific accountabilities.
Test Planning & Execution
- Delivery of test scenarios & test cases as per provided requirements & timelines.
- Able to work on one or two projects of varying complexity, undertaking the following activities, maintaining overall accountability for the work of the team in terms of quality and timeliness of delivery:
- Strong understanding of functional testing, regression testing, system testing & integration testing.
- Strong understanding of test life cycle
- Strong analytical skills
- Issue escalation
- Hands-on experience of test cases/scenarios writing & test execution
- Stakeholder management and leadership.
Project Management Support
- Assisting with the creation and reporting of progress against project plans and identifying corrective action where necessary
- Providing inputs into test approach & test planning.
- Sharing knowledge with colleagues both proactively and on-demand
- Identifying development needs of self or team members
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Should be able to make judicious decision with respect to testing so that the final approach satisfies all the quality requirements criteria.
- Should be able to come up with multiple approaches to any testing
- related problems & challenges and take well informed decision to pick the best solution
- Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Good knowledge of functional testing, testing tools & testing concepts in the below scope:
- ETL or Middleware or Data warehouse
- Functional Skills/Competencies:
-Test Planning & execution
-Experience in functional testing
- Basic SQL & Unix knowledge
-Well versed with test management tool i.e. Quality Center/JIRA
-Well versed with defect lifecycle
-Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of automation & scripting would be an advantage
- Working on a single complex project, or multiple standard projects
- Understanding the requirement, solution design and any associated architectural standards, and supporting the resolution of testing related issues throughout the project delivery lifecycle
- Supporting project management in planning, estimating, costing, RAID identification and management
- Experience in dealing with SQL & various file formats like XML, COBOL EBCDIC and flat files