Database Administrator - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Database Administrator jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Senior Database Administrator – IBM DB2
The DB2 Database Administrator will assume responsibility in Medtronic - Bangalore for the daily support of all SAP related DB2 databases as a member of the database team. This role will work closely with Medtronic SAP BASIS DB2 Principal DBA to ensure proper support, troubleshooting, successful availability, and performance of DB2 in the Medtronic SAP landscape.
Job Title : Senior Database Administrator
Department : DB2 Team
Reporting to : Team Lead – SAP BASIS/DB2 Team
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the database standards, conventions, best practices and technical details for SOPs/ Work Instructions and ensure are followed to maintain a viable system.
- Monitor storage capacity of the systems - database growth
- Staying abreast of the most current release of DB2 LUW (V9.7, V10.1, V10.5, V11) including compatibility issues with operating systems, third party software and utilities
- Support of daily operations including job monitoring and troubleshooting of the 24x7 SAP/DB2 databases
- Perform database maintenance tasks - Backup, restore, roll forward recovery, reorgs, runstats, compression activities
- Keeping the database up to date in technology, on patches and supporting the roll-out of new versions & features
- Assist in developing solutions to complex problems with ingenuity and innovation while ensuring solutions are consistent with organizational objectives
- Consult and review SQL code, perform analysis and provide recommendations
- Monitor, troubleshoot and tune database environments.
- Work with application development teams and assist with problem resolution
- Understand Medtronic policies, standards, and guidelines regarding databases, database development and management to comply with HIPAA, SOX, Corporate audit requirements and other regulations.
- Participate in projects & work with project management, project and infrastructure teams to confirm scope, resource plan, and technical tasks
- Work with auditors and regulators to ensure database systems are compliant with all regulations.
- Capacity planning for all the database systems.
- Identify opportunities of process improvement & automation and implement solutions to optimize the system, resource utilization for maximum performance.
- Execute upon key DB2 team initiatives and provide technical support as needed for upgrades, installations, refreshes, proofs of concept, backups, disaster recovery, capacity planning and other complex projects as needed
- Engage vendor support/technical staff to assess solution options and to analyze and resolve or escalate issues.
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively across teams
- Ability to write/work on complex shell scripts.
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in DB2 Database Administration on UNIX (Preferably AIX)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (bash, ksh, perl, etc)
- Experience working with SQL scripts, triggers, functions and procedures
- Experience working with UNIX shell scripts to automate repeatable DBA tasks and for creating/setting up jobs in cron/Tivoli Work Scheduler.
- Experience supporting DB2 databases on UNIX preferably on AIX for SAP
- Knowledge (OR )Experience in SAP HANA database administration
- Working knowledge and hands on experience in UNIX.
- Working knowledge with SAP tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions and architecture strategies to non-technical resources
This role may require working in shifts based on the business need.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelors of Engineering (B.E/B.Tech.) or Master of Computer Application /Computer Science (MCA / MS).
Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in DB2 Database Administration on UNIX (Preferably AIX).