Head Human Resources Aga Khan Agency For Habitat - - For Habitat
For Habitat as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Head Human Resources Aga Khan Agency For Habitat jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of For Habitat company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Role and Responsibilities
The Head of Human Resources will lead the human resource function for a 70 person growing organisation. In this capacity, s/he will provide leadership and strategic direction on HR issues, and help set HR policies for the institution/agency and its entities.
S/he will develop and implement a human resources strategy, under the supervision of the CEO. S/he will contribute to overall business strategy by advising the senior management team on the human resource implications of decisions. S/he will develop the human resources function and recruit, develop and retain the necessary talent to meet the growing needs of the Agency/institution and its entities.
The Head of HR will manage a small team of HR professionals to deliver top quality workforce planning, recruitment, performance, development and talent management, industrial relations and effective legally compliant HR administration, payroll and HRIS systems. This will include planning, organizing, and monitoring all aspects of the HR function through regular reporting and KPI management.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Talent management and development: identification, workforce planning, recruitment, induction, succession planning and development:
• Examine current HR policies and practices of the organisation and evaluate appropriate options for restructuring the same; Recommend appropriate terms of employment and compensation structure which will limit the liability of the organisation as per prevailing labour laws;
• Direct the country/Institution wide strategy for identifying and recruiting highly qualified staff with relevant experience;
• Oversee the succession planning activities and ensure that there is a rotation of high performing senior staff where appropriate;
• Develop a strategy with the CEO for building capacity as per the organizational needs and goals, which is implemented through agreed channels. This will be delivered through continuous training and development of staff skills both technical and leadership training.
• Develop and maintain links with educational institutions, especially Aga Khan University and University of Central Asia, which provide specialized training services in areas of interest to the Agency/Institution. Develop and explore internship arrangements with students from these institutions as per the needs of the organisation;
Compensation and benefits:
• Conduct competency mapping of employees and oversee the development and implementation of compensation and benefits policy/guidelines and of appropriate terms and conditions of employment, to ensure that the Agency/Institution is able to attract, retain and motivate staff of high quality, whilst ensuring harmonization and maintaining internal equity.
Risk management, Compliance and Monitoring:
• Provide technical HR advice to the management team both at HQ and in the field, and ensure compliance to local labour legislation;
• Assist CEOs and the HR Managers in the field if required to develop and monitor HR budgets to ensure that HR services are provided at the appropriate level consistent to the Agency’s/Institutions objectives;
Field HR team coordination and best practices sharing:
• Implement and monitor HR best practices, policies and standards throughout the Agency/Institution to enhance performance and resource management;
• Handling of contentious issues related to field entities and, in particular, senior staff when inputs are needed beyond the level of HR in the field entities level to ensure consistency and equity across AKAH;
• Master’s degree in HR management, additional qualifications in Social Sciences will be an asset.
• 8 -10 years of experience managing an HR function or department ideally within in an international development agency
• Experience managing a team of technical professionals in compensation and recruitment
• Experience in employee relations
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Effective interpersonal communication
• Cultural sensitivities
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English
• Strong analytical skills
• Very organised
• Excellent coach and mentor
• Skilled in hiring
• Experience with Microsoft Office and HRIS
• Demonstrates high integrity
• Able to deal well with ambiguity
• Able to work well under pressure