Lead Service Engineering - Bangalore - Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Lead Service Engineering jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Thomson Reuters company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This position will be accountable for aligning the data center engineering teams with the appropriate development tools, languages and approaches to develop technical services. Additionally, this position will ensure development best practices are followed and the technical services developed are aligned with the defined technical services. The lead in this position will accomplish these objectives by leveraging existing frameworks and tools and act as a coach to help data center engineering teams establish a solid development foundation, including pair programming and other pairing techniques to aid skill development.
This position will be responsible for working closely with the Service Strategy Design and Assurance (SSD&A), Service Architecture and Data Centre Operations teams to translate service designs into a full set of end-to-end deployable services. Additionally, the lead will work closely with the Service Design Manager to facilitate the re-introduction of existing services and assist engineering and support teams in building and operating the services as defined.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Leadership and Communication (25%)
- Responsible for working with SSD&A leadership to define and implement new strategic approaches based on SSD&A vision.
- Accountable for being a service engineering coach for infrastructure engineering/development teams
- Responsible for being a change agent in DCIS as we evolve to a service-based organization with a service-first culture
Process and Technology (55%)
- Partner with engineering and development teams to ensure they are following best practices for development, source code management, revision control, building, testing and deployment
- Drives technical expertise and leadership for the development of services
- Responsible for developing technical services that can be efficiently built, delivered and operated in DCIS
- Provide experience and leadership in following agile development approaches
- Partner with engineering and development teams to translate service designs into operating services.
- Partner with engineering and development teams to ensure standard approaches and tools are used for all engineering efforts
- Help expand skillsets of existing engineering and development teams via pair programming and other knowledge transfer techniques
- Partner with service architecture and service design to establish the appropriate level of decomposition for technical services
- Accountable for developing technical services that are robust, reliable, resilient and adaptable
- Identify and propose alternatives to existing service processes and approaches that are not adding sufficient value
- Develop strategies for
- Increasing the velocity of service development
- Transforming existing engineering and support teams into service providers
- Increasing service comprehension and reducing barriers to service consumption – an experience similar to public clouds.
Education and Experience
- B.S./B.A. Computer Science or related field; or equivalent level of experience
- 4-6+ years progressive technology experience including at least 2 years experience providing technical leadership
- Proven ability to be a thought leader during significant change
- Clear understanding of services and a services mindset
- Ability to design and develop service oriented systems
- Ability to work within high performing teams that demonstrates excellence in a dynamic fast-paced environment with a high degree of flexibility and accountability
- An understanding of ITIL and operational support strongly preferred
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills supported by expressive oral and written communication styles
- Strong technical aptitude - database platforms, operating systems, network, etc.
- Strong process and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Has solid to expert experience in scripting, markup and programming languages, including Python, Powershell, JSON, AngularJS, Jenkins, etc., software engineering methodologies, software development tools.
- Experience of unit testing, code management tools and design tools.
- Good collaborative problem-solving capabilities
- Requires working knowledge of business application and software code base.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr, United Kingdom-London-London-GBR-London-1 Paul Julius Close