Platform Operations Engineer - Bangalore - Kollmorgen
Kollmorgen as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Platform Operations Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Kollmorgen company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Platform Operations Engineer
Esko is the worldwide market leader with software for packaging buyers, designers and manufacturers and hardware products for the packaging, label, sign and display industries. With Headquarters in Gent - Belgium, Esko employs around 1,500+ people worldwide. Its global sales and support organization covers Europe, the Americas, Asia/Pacific and Japan.
About the Role
In this new role you will manage ESKO’s Cloud/SaaS Platform infrastructure including servers (Linux & Windows), international networks, firewalls, Databases (MySQL & SQL Server), storage solutions and some middleware (Apache, Jboss, Java).
You will report to the Manager of Platform Operations to continuously improve the operations of to the platform, and work with Customer Services, Support and 3rd party suppliers on a daily basis, ensuring high service platform availability at all times.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Manager of Platform Operations that any proposed solutions fully integrate with existing technology and architectural patterns/standards
- Constantly monitor, up and downscale performance and availability of the Cloud/SaaS platform to ensure customer demand and satisfaction within the agreed SLAs and stay within ESKO’s defined cost budgets
- Troubleshooting, analysis, resolution and tacking of existing platform infrastructure, application and network problems
- Align with third party Managed Hosting/Service provider to ensure timely delivery of SaaS solutions and projects to ESKO customers
- Help to conceive, improve, test and ensure all systems comply with the ESKO defined platform operations standards and best practises (Deployment, Backups, Security Policies, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery services)
- Installation, Patch Management and Deployment of ESKO own internally developed software products
- In liaison with third party Managed Hosting/Service provider, perform Administration, Configuration and Maintenance of:
- All Linux based server systems (RedHat Enterprise)
- All Windows based server systems
- Support for VMWare solutions of above
- Network, Load balancing and Firewall systems
- Database Support (MySQL & SQL Server)
- NetApp Storage Systems
- Apache, Jboss, Java
- Work with all involved ESKO departments to ensure that customer technical deliverables are met, on time on spec and on budget.
- Assist in setting new standards for build and support documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience in an Operational and Technical Support environment
- In depth understanding of Windows or Linux/UNIX fundamentals including kernel subsystems, system calls, inter-process communication, process/resource management and file systems
- Configuration Management and Administration in an environment with 25+ systems
- Demonstrable record of successful experience and essential knowledge/skills in the specific areas listed below:
- Cloud/SaaS Technologies and Services
- Project related technology services delivery
- IP Networks, Load Balancing & Firewall configuration (CCNA level preferred)
- Backup technologies
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- A firm understanding of technology and how it may be used to support ESKO reaching his business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level.
- Well structured, goal-oriented methodology, sound communication skills
- High self-motivated and passionate about providing an excellent service to customers
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively priorities and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
Danaher Corporation Overview Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization : Esko
Job Function : Engineering
Primary Location : Asia-India-Karnataka-Bangalore
Schedule : Full-time