Software Engineer - - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Software Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Software will be a member of the Medtronic R&D software team working on new development and support of electro surgery generator products. Senior Software Engineer are considered experts in embedded software development including the understanding of how software interacts with hardware and FPGAs. The position is a hands-on development role with a dynamic set of responsibilities in a complex software system including coding applications, user interfaces, drivers, and utilizing various middleware and frameworks. The Senior Software Engineer, Platform Software will be a member of the Medtronic R&D engineering, Hyderabad team working on the development and support of Medtronic next generation minimally invasive platform.
Must be a team player. Must have qualities including being positive, high standards, resilient, open, and creative.
Takes pride in quality, extensible, and maintainable work products. Demonstrates excellent coding practices.
Commitment to achieving and exceeding project goals and timelines.
Thrives in working with other disciplines to develop system-minded implementations that take into account safety, performance, communication, user interface and other aspects of a final product.
Education : BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent. MS EE/CS preferred.
EXPERIENCE : · BS with 8 to 12 years of experience in software design and development is required.
· MS with 6 to 10 years of experience in software design and development is preferred.
· Experience in real-time applications is preferred.
· Medical instrument development experiences a plus.
Skills/Competencies: · Expertise in C/C++ required in an Embedded Linux, RTOS development environment.
· Experience in embedded Linux or any RTOS
· Knowledge of OOA&D and familiarity with UML is strongly desired.
· Experience in hardware/software interfacing and design issues required.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
· Desired experience with Qt, SQLite, Linux Yocto, Security
· Strong interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
· Participate in System design, coordination with teams and internal product management
· Working knowledge of networking protocols.
· Hands on experience in Embedded / Firmware Device Driver
· Awareness on wireless technology is highly desirable
· Experience in medical device SW development is added advantage
· Ability to define, develop and implement automated unit / integration test solutions
· Experience with change control, requirements management, source code control
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent time management and professionalism
· Perform Code Reviews , Static Code Analysis , Dynamic Code Analysis
· Generate Software Metrics for Unit Testing, Integration Testing
· Works collaboratively with software engineers, and SW QA.
Other Preferred Skills: · Appreciation of discipline and work required to develop software in a regulated industry
· Familiarity with FDA Quality System Regulations (820.30 design controls), European Regulatory Requirements (ISO 13485), and specifically IEC62304 is preferred.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of standards and guidance’s relevant to the medical device industry
Reports to the Software Manager for functional leadership.
Frequent interaction with team members from other disciplines, particularly hardware engineers, to develop project requirements and other project artifacts such as project schedules. Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.