Business Analyst - Pune - Barclays
Barclays as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Business Analyst jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Barclays company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
About Financial Crime Transformation
The Financial Crime Transformation team delivers Business Change and Technology transformation to protect the bank, its customers, and its employees, as well as society at large, from the negative effects of Financial Crime. We manage the delivery of transformation, and provide oversight and quality assurance for the implementation of the Financial Crime Target Operating Model (TOM) across the Bank in partnership with Business clusters. We act as the central hub for technical and strategic delivery for Financial Crime Business Change and Technology delivery. We manage the relationships and business demand by understanding the needs of our stakeholders in Financial Crime and across the Bank, and implementing the required transformation to deliver against Barclays’ Financial Crime agenda. Our dedicated Financial Crime ‘Run the Bank’ team is fully aligned to the business’ operations and needs and their focus is to protect the ‘production environment’, manage all Financial Crime applications and services in line with agreed business boundaries and SLAs, and provide full transparency to business owners on application performance and risks
About Sanctions and Customer Screening
Sanctions are restrictions on economic and business activity involving certain countries, individuals, Entities, industries or types of activity, put in place by governments (e.g. UK, EU, US) and international bodies (e.g. the UN) using laws and regulation. Financial Institutions are required to implement Sanctions controls, under a range of different policies which are introduced to law. Examples of controls which have to be managed by Financial Institutions are - known or suspected terrorists, drugs traffickers, repressive regimes, their government officials and associated state owned entities, people dealing in conflict diamonds.
Most financial institutions place a ban on providing financial services of any kind and often require assets to be frozen and reported to the authorities in the jurisdiction concerned.
Financial sanctions forbid, restrict or otherwise influence the provision of financial services to certain countries, regions, individuals and/or entities for various political reasons. We operate in the front line against financial crime and have a key role to play in implementing financial sanctions. Financial sanctions are used by the international community to:
· encourage a change in behaviour of a target country or regime;
· apply pressure on a target country or regime to comply with set objectives;
· act as an enforcement tool when international peace and securityhas been threatened and diplomatic efforts have failed;
· Prevent and suppress the financing of terrorists and terrorist acts
Customer screening is the instrument of administering Sanctions by screening the individuals or entities against a Lists published by International bodies. These Lists consists of Sanctions targets and can be used by Banks and other financial institutions to scan their customer databases and take appropriate actions.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Overall purpose of role
The role is to perform activities related to the business requirements gathering/analysis, data analysis, documentation, coordination between business and development teams for new, or existing, Barclays’ software applications and information systems as per the key accountabilities described below.
Key Accountabilities · Work as a liaison among project stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate features for new functionality/existing systems. Serves as the SME for business and functional domain knowledge; working closely with the Product Owner.
· Excellent Knowledge of industry/market trends in the Customer Screening domain.
· Good understanding of Customer Journeys in the Compliance, Risk domains.
· Analysing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
· Conducting data analysis on the identified source systems, identifying/documenting gaps in terms of data quality
· Mapping the existing source data elements to the new proposed target solution
· Improves systems by studying current practices
· Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
· Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
· Knowledge transfer as reference for users by writing and maintaining user documentation
· Contribute strongly to all agile ceremonies (planning / stand-ups / retro etc.) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
· Document all work in accordance with agreed standards, and with re-use in mind.
Stakeholder Management · Works closely with Fin Crime Tech stakeholders, Financial Crime 1 st and 2 nd Line of Defence, E2E Solution Designers, Architects & other component teams; keeping stakeholders informed on progress against milestones, risks, issues & dependencies.
· Identifies all impacted stakeholders and builds good relationships to understand and manage their needs
· Inspires confidence by making and honouring commitments, demonstrates initiative and competence.
Decision-making and Problem Solving · Exercises good judgement and acts independently on assigned tasks
· Performs duties under minimal supervision
· Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within Barclays defined standards (where applicable)
· Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances
Risk and Control Objective · Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Person Specification · Excellent written and oral communication
· Extensive experience in financial services or highly regulated industry
· Appropriate experience as a Business Analyst, Systems Analyst or other similar role and exposure in Banking domain
· Ability to understand, analyse & document complex processes, features and stories
· Knowledge of software design
· Knowledge of software development processes
· Knowledge of software maintenance processes
· Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical abilities
· Own the e2e Traceability of Requirements
· Ability to align with other roles in the team seamlessly
· Ability to understand the requirements and communicate/disseminate the same effectively to multiple stakeholders
· Comfortable in decomposing large pieces of work into smaller chunks ( by creating Epics/User Stories) that is understood by the team
· Ensures that all requirements support the delivery of business value by keeping customer focus , fulfills goals and objectives of the Program
· Facilitate scope prioritization with the Product Owner/s and Business and ability to communicate rationale
· Understands a problem enough to determine cause and provide appropriate solutions
· Understands and defines requirements from a business and customer/user perspective
· Understands how to implement the delivery of a product or an application
· Understands the big picture and works with the team to understand concepts
· Analyses complex domain concepts and present them with clarity and purpose to their audience
· Financial Crime or Compliance experience is preferred
· Experience in Customer Screening domain
· Experience of Relational databases, intermediate level SQL query writing skills
Role Profile Attestation
The content of this role profile is relevant for the role in question.