Systems Administrator Sap Business Objects - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Systems Administrator Sap Business Objects jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Systems Administrator- Business Objects
Medtronic BI services enable business units to make timely decisions by providing solutions using the latest industry oriented technology. Key strategy is data consolidation from various source systems such as SAP ECC, JDE, Work Day, Siebel, SAP CRM and other enterprise business systems. Medtronic is leveraging various state of the art BI platforms such as SAP HANA, Oracle 12c, Spotfire, Tableau, SAP Lumira, SAP Business Objects 4.1, SAP SLT, Informatica, IBM Infosphere Replication Server (IRS) and SAP BW.
Medtronic has a custom built Oracle based Data Integration Platform (DIH) of size up to 30 Terabyte, and a reporting data warehouse in SAP HANA which is 13 Terabyte in size with 13 nodes.
Medtronic’s diverse environment, business requirements and technology platform provides various challenges in the BI and Analytics space. It’s a great place to leverage your expertise, learn and excel.
Job Title : Systems Administrator
Department : Global BI and Analytics
Reporting to : Lead- Reporting and Visualization
- Participates in the design and implementation for complex and business critical initiatives related to Business Objects and other reporting/visualization infrastructure
- Maintain/Administer Business Objects 4.1 platform
- Design security for various Business Objects projects
- Work with Accounts Administration team to configure AD groups
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Business Objects best practices and champions adherence to best practices when developing Business Objects strategies
- Provides technical leadership for projects within the Business Objects program to achieve business strategy and vision
- Provides break fix support, Service request resolution, performance tuning and remigration support.
- Provides input to long-term BO platform strategy as well as input as to how to maximize business value of the Business Objects solution
- Participates in process improvement efforts for the Business Objects program using advanced continuous improvement tools and skills resulting in significant cost savings
- Makes autonomous, timely decisions based on implementation documents under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Provide input to the technical and strategic plans for the Architecture and Technology team
- Migrate code from non-production to production environment.
- Provide 24/7 on call support based on “on call roster”.
- Experience with multiple node Business Objects installs and/or upgrades
- Experience using BO Client tools such as Web Intelligence, Crystal Reports, IDT, UDT, Dashboards, Design Studio and SAP Lumira.
- Experience in writing scripts to get CMS data into files/tables
- SAP Business Objects Capacity Planning
- Experience in integrating Business Objects with SAP BW
- Advanced Knowledge of SAP Business Objects Architecture
- Experience administering and configuring Tomcat
- Knowledge of Business Objects Security Architecture and Administration
- Advanced knowledge of Windows server
- Experience administrating, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Business Objects 4.x environments
- Disaster Recovery Concepts
- General knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory See Agency Supplied Material
- Tableau platform administration
- Tibco Spotfire platform administration
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written to the IT team and business partners.
- Ability to provide end user support and identify issues as they arise.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the peers, management & leaders of the business area supported as well as within IT structure.
- Assume accountability and take ownership for all projects that you are responsible and involved in.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
This role may require working in shifts and shall be assigned as per business need.
. . EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation in Engineering (BE/BTech) or Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) from a reputed institute/university.
Minimum 3 years of SAP Business Objects platform administration experience