Prin Systems Engineer - Hyderabad - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Prin Systems Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Medtronic is the world’s largest medical technology company, offering an unprecedented breadth and depth of innovative therapies to fulfill our Mission of alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life.
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
The Principal Systems Engineer will be a member of the Medtronic R&D team working on product development of medical devices for Surgical Innovation group. This role requires expertise in embedded software development and strong exposure development process for medical devices.
1. Deep understanding of the embedded and application SW development & testing processes is required.
2. Experience in identifying the needs, build capabilities in the cross functional areas, SW/HW development, verification and, validation to foster full turnkey solution to the business.
3. Provide a blend of people management and technical skills. Should have worked in matrix reporting structures with accountability on successful delivery of product solutions.
4. Should have experience working/leading cross functional technical team size of 10 or more.
5. Exceptional ability to collaborate, openly communicate and negotiate effectively across disciplines and groups, with vendors and with customers
6. Experience in conflict resolution, distributed product development, team building, talent management, budget management and global stake holder management are critical to the role.
7. Good understanding of product development processes & regulations (ex: ISO13485, ISO14971) Design controls for medical device development especially in RF generators in order to provide coaching and guidance to the team.
8. Must be able to support the Global and local regional teams in product development projects.
9. Work with the global software engineering team
10. Apply best practices for development (ex: design language) and testing in terms of coding standards, reusable components, and automation solutions.
11. Develop junior members by coaching, empowering, reviewing results, both in technical areas and in “soft” skills.
12. Demonstrated experience in delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment, the ability to work independently and be a self-starter
13. Sound judgment and decision-making skills, ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, and ability to work under deadline pressure
BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent. MS EE/CS preferred.
Experience of minimum of 12 years in product development with at least a min of 5+ years in medical device development capacity
Skills/Competencies: · Experience developing and managing technical requirements
· Demonstrated ability to consider the product holistically (systems thinking)
· Medical Device SW development is a must
· Experience in QT/QML or equivalent is highly desirable
· Knowledge on Data analytics is added advantage
· Exposure to Wireless product (SW/Driver) development (Wifi ,Bluetooth ,Zigbee) is added advantage
· Expertise in C/C++ required in an Embedded Linux, development environment.
· Experience in embedded Linux and real-time applications required
· Knowledge of OOA&D and familiarity with UML is strongly desired.
· Experience in hardware/software interfacing and design required.
· Superior written and verbal technical communication skills required.
· Participate in System design, coordination with teams and internal product management
· Working knowledge of networking protocols.
· Awareness on wireless technology is highly desirable
The incumbent would work with the MEIC Senior Engineering Manager and Surgical Innovation R&D Leaders in the US to provide the required execution excellence to accelerate the new product development & sustaining engineering projects executed at the center.
Frequent interaction with team members from other disciplines, particularly hardware engineers, to develop project requirements and other project artifacts such as project schedules. Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.
SHORT-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (6-12 MONTHS) · Establish executable project goals for team
· Establish working relations with internal stakeholders
· Establish technical project plan, operating mechanisms
· Establish product (software) development project/quality metrics
LONG-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (1+ YEAR) · Capability building on identified technology areas
· Handling product development with minimum support from the global teams
Establishing as a key technical person and junior talent pipeline development