Dba Manager - Bangalore - Unilever
Unilever as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Dba Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Unilever company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine.
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Job Title : DB2 DBA Manager
Job Location : Bangalore, India
Department : Infra & SD
Reports To : IT Director
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever’s business strategy, COMPASS, is on course to drive us forward from the recently achieved €50BN turnover, onto its ultimate goal of €80BN by 2020 & all without increasing our current carbon footprint. In support of that ambition the Infrastructure Services & Service Delivery function will strive to put business outcomes back at the core of our operating model and reassert our identity as a key enabler of the Compass ambition. ISD will strive to improve Quality of service, speed, security & increase collaboration with Application teams; Provide enhanced System and Cloud Integrated solutions; Develop team skills for Cloud Service Architecture & integration with on premise Hybrid Data Centre facilities at the core of our solutioning provision to the business. Also ensuring KPI’s/metrics for Business Outcomes are in place and will drive Service Performance& optimisation of costs.
The Global SAP Infrastructure (SI)team is integral to this strategy, working in alignment with the ISD functionswith Innovate, Activate and Operate to provide Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure and Geography IT with a unified gateway to the Unilever SAP Private Cloud platform in a high quality, cost and time efficient manner whilst activating world class integrated capabilities in collaboration with Innovate, Activate & Operate and in full support of Infrastructure and Service Delivery ambitions. The SI team is comprised of multiple elements such as KEC/Environment Delivery, Business Change Programme/Project Delivery, Solutioning, Support Office & lastly the newly formed SAP TCC (SAP Technical Competency Centre) which provides DBA & Basis resources to support the above teams & undertakes activities in Engineering /Proactive Services, BAU oversight, Project Delivery & Documentation/Process & Control areas.
The DBA Manager is responsible for managing the DBA functionwithin the SAP TCC team (which will be comprised of on and off shore resources, FTE, contract &/or 3 rd Parties), these resources provide support to deliver Engineering&Proactive/ Landscape Services & Project Delivery activities. This role will include accountability for the team in respect to work allocations, demand & resource mgmt., career planning (targets, objectives, timescales & training requirements) for employees & management of Contract/ 3 rd Party resources to ensure delivery against agreed SLA’s (aligned with the central ISD Service Mgmt function). Will drive quality assurance for the team’s work, perform regular analysis and reporting of the team’s activities. Also ensuring appropriate governance is in place to manage the team(through regular team mtgs, knowledge sharing, risk & issue review sessions& other forums as appropriate).
The DBA Manager will report into the SAP TCC function Manager. This role will operate as a Snr SME, so is expected to operate in a hands on capacity as well as managing the DBA function &team members. The DBA team members will be part of a resource pool that is available across Engineering & Landscape disciplines, they may therefore be ring fenced to a particular landscape, operate across landscapes &/or be part of Engineering activities as deemed appropriate. Additionally members of the DBA team will be on call to provide support & consultative assistance in times of urgent/major incident to the outsourced BAU delivery partner (who is responsible to this team for delivery of agreed BAU services, where the SAP TCC team are then ultimately accountable to the Unilever business) . The DBA team will ensure appropriate documentation & adherence to standards is maintained at all times.
The DBA Managerwill have at least ten years’ experience(ideally from one or more of the following roles) management of an SAP or DBA Operations team, SAP Technical Architecture/Solutioning ∨ SAP Infrastructure provisioning as a project manager, Operated as a Snr DBA SME or consultant as part of an external IT Service provider or consultancy (IBM, HP, Accenture, …) . Should ideally have worked as part of an Application development or SAP project team (in Solutioning, Project Mgmt, Basis or DBA capacity) as part of a full lifecycle roll out of a given Application or SAP implementation in either a retail, banking, FMCG or similar customer environments. Should have accreditation in technical disciplines &/or TOGAF, Prince/ PMI or obvious experience as a Snr SME/ Operations or Project manager, with a history of successful delivery.
The successful candidate will have to quickly assimilatea broad knowledge of the SAP hosting landscapes (specific to Unilever) and gain an understanding of Unilever’s destination architectures /patterns& roadmaps. They are further expected to stay abreast of technology advances across the core hosting landscape, specific to DB2 /SAP,to support their operating remit as team manager & Snr SME.
Accountabilities and responsibilities · Manage the DBA team from career perspective, ensure appropriate training is received, conduct performance reviews of personnel.
· Work in collaboration with peers of this role ie., SAP Basis Engineering, Landscape & Delivery Mgrsas part of the SAP TCC team within the Global SAP Infrastructure function
· Support Landscape Mgrs providing BAU oversight & Proactive Services delivery (‘pit team’ landscape audit/review & snag list generation leading to continual service improvement activities)
· Support Problem analysis leading to architectural pattern re-development & continual service improvement activity
· Perform demand/ work allocations & resource mgmt. for the team
· Present information to peers, Snr mgrs. &Directors often at short notice.
· Create & operate an OOO on call rota
· Manage team allocations /alignments to virtual landscape (pit team) &/or Engineering or Projects
· Maintain compliance/alignment to the relevant level of system security access standards to ensure full compliance with the current Unilever Security Policies.
· Review the performance of problem resolution activities by the team to ensure that high priority problems are resolved promptly (through Engineering activities).
· Ensure team documentation is maintained, run books (align appropriate changes to BAU teams with the 3 rd party), build guides, procedures to highest quality, consistency and mandate/police use in all activities (to provide audit trail for build/change activities).
· Ensure appropriate governance/controls in place for team regards risk & issue mgmt., team reviews, demand and work assignment forums
· Keep current with core vendor technologies, act /provide consultancy to SIC team members (individually or through team)
· Maintain alignment to key stakeholders internally and externally ie SI LT members, KEC/Project delivery, Solutioning/ Capabilities, also externally – IBM, SAP, HP, Microsoft (as part of agreed strategy with SI LT)
· Present on team progress/status in Town Halls and to SI LT and other key forums
· Align to and make use of existing Innovate, Activate, Operate processes where suitable.
· Always ensure where inefficiency or simplifications opportunities exist, catalogue and propose changes to drive improvements. Continually review ways of working and identify improvements to increase team’s agility and speed of delivery.
· Ensure cost efficiency, simplification and standards approach to all delivery activities
· Maintain technical accreditation in DBA disciplines to support the SME capability individually & for the wider team
Specific ‘Engineering’ related scope (for reference, not an exhaustive list):
· Baseline policies
· Support STIL’s in development of SAP architecture patterns (simplification /standardisation)
· Support new capability design
· Ensure supportability & smooth operational acceptance process
· Ensure BAU (HCL) resources engaged in capability
· Process enhancements & automation
· Service catalogue entity creation /population (eg Refresh as Service)
· L4 support to Landscape/ Proactive Srvs ‘Pit Teams’ & therefore BAU (HCL)
· TCO & cost profiling for landscapes
· Reporting dashboards /templates (for use/ population by landscape teams)
· SOPs & other associated documentation
· CSI initiatives (definition), execution by /through Landscape teams above
Key Interface: · • SI LT members
· SAP TCC co-function leads
· SAP TCC technical SMEs
· BAU (3 rd party Mgrs & Technical resources)
· Operate Engineering SMEs
· Project Technical SME’s (Unix, Backup, SAN, …)
· SI Project Managers /Analysts
· Innovate SME’s/Architects
· ES, Apps Basis Technical SMEs (virtual pit team)
· Vendors (SAP, IBM, Accenture)
Relevant Experience Essential: · Team management/leadership (specifically of DBA SME’s in Engineering, Projects or Operations function)
· Driving standards, quality & consistency approach in all delivery work
· Track record of IT Operational mgmt. &/ or exposure to project mgmt& successful delivery to agreed timescales
· DBA accreditation
Desirable: · Project Mgmt experience/ exposure (full accreditation Prince / PMI not necessary)
· TOGAF /Zachman
· ITIL v3 knowledge/awareness
· Degree /BTEC HNC or HND